[ispcp] ISPCP Comments on Clarification of Reasons for Denial of Inter-Registrar Transfers

mark.h.mcfadden at bt.com mark.h.mcfadden at bt.com
Tue Mar 18 18:58:12 UTC 2008

All:

Sorry to ask this of you so quickly, but we are late getting comments in on this PDP.  It is related to a set of very limited issues regarding the transfer of domain names between registrars.  Specifically it addresses the four main reasons under which a Registrar of Record may deny a request for transfer.  Those reasons are denial for nonpayment, denial because the domain name is in lock status, denial during the first 60 days of registration and denial during the first 60 days after the previous transfer.

The ISPCP comments stress clarity in process for our customers and clear definitions for terms in the inter-registrar transfer process.  It also suggests that the denial during the first 60 days after previous transfer is no longer needed.

We need comments very quickly so that this can be shipped up to the staff shepherd for the issue.  Comments and edits would be most welcome!  I provide the document in two formats for your convenience: the PDF and Word documents are the same.

mark