[ispcp] COMMENTS ON VERTICAL INTEGRATION

Anthony Harris harris at cabase.org.ar
Mon May 3 22:33:41 UTC 2010

Guys,

As you are aware, our Constituency has been asked to
submit comments on the question of Vertical Integration.

With some difficulty, due to the size of the VI working group
(70+ members) and the profusion of e-mails, I have tried
to sift through the essence of the discussions, which are
yet far from over.

>From proposals presented by various participants, I
think the one coming from the PIR through Kathy
Kleiman, would seem to echo the concerns that
ISPCP members have been expressing. Since I am
unable to attach it herein, you will find it in a separate
e-mail as a forwarded message.

Additionally, I am attaching some selected segments
of a report by CRA International, presented to ICANN
on October 23rd., 2008, which can serve as a basis
for understanding the challenges involved in VI.
http://www.icann.org/en/topics/new-gtlds/crai-report-24oct08-en.pdf

The discussions in the WG revolve around these
identified issues, and there are advocates for
complete and unlimited integration, for none at
all, and some who seek hybrid solutions.

After we discuss on the call, we can decide on
the contents of the comment to be presented
to ICANN. Sorry I couldnt get this to you all
earlier.

Tony Harris