[Title and Abstruct] [ispcp] RIR meetings for ISPCP Outreach

Mike O'Connor mike at haven2.com
Thu Aug 9 20:49:50 UTC 2012

hi Akinori,

your draft looks great.  here's a slightly-revised version…

Internet Service Provider and Connectivity Providers (ISPCP) is one of the constituencies within ICANN's Generic Names Supporting Organization (the GNSO) and helps develop policies addressing the generic Top Level Domain (gTLD) namespace.  Since the ISPCP constituency is for ISPs and carriers, many APNIC and broader community members are eligible to participate in ICANN policy-making through this organization.

ISPs and carriers are profoundly impacted by changes to the gTLD namespace.  For example, ICANN will soon be introducing as many as 1200 new top level domains into the root -- which may have interesting implications for your customer-facing support organization.  Thus, broad and active participation in this constituency is essential to ensure that ICANN develop balanced policies for gTLDs that take the needs of ISPs and carriers into account.

This presentation will provide an overview of ICANN, the GNSO and the ISPCP constituency.  The conversation will be aimed at organizations who might be interested in joining the constituency and helping to shape ICANN policy.