[ispcp] a couple of "role of ISPs in DNS SSR" documents for people to review and comment on

Mike O'Connor mike at haven2.com
Fri Sep 7 13:25:59 UTC 2012

hi all,

i've been working away on the DSSA (DNS Security and Stability Analysis) working group and have come up with a couple documents that i'd like your reaction to.

the first is an evolving diagram of what the functions and roles are in DNS SSR (aimed at "The DNS" rather than SSR as a whole -- which means root servers, TLD severs and a gaggle of support files).  take a look at the *first* slide in this (very short) slide deck, as that's the latest version.

	https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/36208828/Slides+relevant+to+gaps+and+overlaps+v4.pptx

then take a look at this Excel spreadsheet -- *this* is what i especially need your reaction to.  on this page i've taken a VERY first try at describing the role that ISPs play on that chart.  i'm thinking that we may want to take this back to our respective organizations and get their thoughts on all these roles that we play, hammer on it a bit as a constituency, and push it back to the DSSA.  i'm also looking for a reality check -- i may be completely off the track here.  all thoughts/reactions much appreciated.  here's a link to the spreadsheet

	https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/36208828/DSSA+-+G%26A+Table+v4.xls

thanks in advance,

mikey

phone 	651-647-6109
fax  		866-280-2356
web 	http://www.haven2.com
handle	OConnorStP (ID for public places like Twitter, Facebook, Google, etc.)