[ispcp] FW: Inpact of new gTLDS

MAEMURA Akinori maem at nic.ad.jp
Tue Sep 18 17:32:27 UTC 2012

Dear Tony,

The attachment is to fix tiny points.  Please integrate them if you agree.

I read it with a fresh eye without involvement to the previous discussion.

I agree that new comers with the new gTLD which is now introduing 1200+ TLDs will completely change the landscape of GNSO composition as written.

I like the approach to try a different Stakeholder Advisory mechanism from the agenda which are more general to ICANN.

I found some other issues are raised there: overload of GNSO Council, difficulty with joint SO/AC WG activities and the paper seems to propose a way to improve them all at once.

I had a feeling by it as if the ISPCP propose a process change to include other SO and ACs into the development of the gTLD policies.

For me, it should have been much easier to read if the different stakeholder advisory mechanism had been within GNSO.

I am afraid that I just tell you my impression without any solution.
I might have missed any discussion, so it would be great if you find any gap of logic within this paper in my impression.

Sincerely,
Akinori

In message <00c301cd95a0$bbea68a0$33bf39e0$@btinternet.com>