[ispcp] RE: [Ispcp-private] GNSO Council elections

tony holmes tonyarholmes at btinternet.com
Tue Sep 25 08:03:41 UTC 2012

Wolf-Ulrich

You’re correct pointing out the previous approach where a nominee was put
forward from each house, but that situation was a little different. There
wasn’t total support for Stephane, and for some Olga was a stronger
candidate, particularly from the NCPH perspective. This time it’s a little
different as few would argue that Jonathan wouldn’t fill the role of a
strong but neutral chair.

You are of course entitled to make the proposal, but as you pointed out
previously, early indications are that both the BC and the IPC will back
Jonathon in the vote.  That could place Thomas in a situation where he
effectively gets zero, or very few votes, which wouldn’t reflect
particularly well, particularly as most of us would agree he is a strong
candidate.

Tony