[ispcp] Verisign - New gTLD Security and Stability Considerations report and 8-K filing

Mike O'Connor mike at haven2.com
Sat Mar 30 13:44:24 UTC 2013

hi all,

as the organizations at the sharp point of delivering the Internet to billions of users, i think we need to take a hard look at the issues that Verisign is raising with this report (which they take pretty seriously, since they also filed it as a public disclosure with the US Securities and Exchange Commission).

here's a summary blog post written by John Levine

	http://www.circleid.com/posts/20130329_verisign_doesnt_think_net_is_ready_for_a_thousand_new_tlds/

but he (and i) really strongly recommend that you read the actual 8-K filing.

	https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1014473/000101447313000012/form8-k32813xex992.htm

many of the SSR issues that we focus on are represented here, and i learned about several that i'd never heard of or considered before.

mikey

PHONE: 651-647-6109, FAX: 866-280-2356, WEB: www.haven2.com, HANDLE: OConnorStP (ID for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.)