[ispcp] Workshop on Name Collision, March 2014

Mike O'Connor mike at haven2.com
Fri Feb 28 12:54:20 UTC 2014

hi Wolf-Ulrich,

dang!  i wrote a blog post about this conference and totally forgot to forward it to this list.  here’s a link

	http://www.haven2.com/index.php/archives/name-collision-research

i think this will be a really interesting conference.  i wish i could go, but it’s too far away for me.  i hope some of you people who are closer can make it.  i’m really interested in the results.

by the way, the JAS report on name collisions is out for review and public comment.  here’s the link to that page

	http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-26feb14-en.htm

i like their idea of using a “fingerprint” IP address (127.0.53.53) as a way to alert network operators (like us) to quickly spot name-collision issues in our logs.  pass that idea back to your technical people and see if they agree.

mikey

PHONE: 651-647-6109, FAX: 866-280-2356, WEB: www.haven2.com, HANDLE: OConnorStP (ID for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.)