[ispcp] RV: [Gnso-ssc] Proposed Agenda & documents for review - SSC meeting Wednesday 14 June 2017

Novoa, Osvaldo onovoa at Antel.com.uy
Wed Jun 14 13:16:42 UTC 2017

Thank you Wolf-Ulrich

De: ispcp-bounces at gnso.icann.org [mailto:ispcp-bounces at gnso.icann.org] En nombre de Wolf-Ulrich.Knoben
Enviado el: miércoles, 14 de junio de 2017 08:35 a.m.
Para: ispcp at gnso.icann.org
Asunto: Re: [ispcp] RV: [Gnso-ssc] Proposed Agenda & documents for review - SSC meeting Wednesday 14 June 2017

Thanks Osvaldo,

because of the rather non-decisive role of the EC rep. I agree to nominating the council chair. To my knowledge all other SO/ACs are doing similar.

Best regards

Wolf-Ulrich

Am 12.06.2017 um 19:31 schrieb Novoa, Osvaldo:
Dear All,
In the SSC (Standing Selection Committee) we are working on the selection of the GNSO representative to the Empowered Community.
I personally proposed that any actual or former member of the GNSO Council could be a candidate for the EC representative but most of the Group supported the motion that one of the vice-chairs of the Council should be selected as a representative, some members proposed that the chair of the Council should be the representative and several other members of the SSC agreed with this suggestion.
I think that this proposal is the one that is going to be approved, unless some member of the constituency thinks that I should propose something else.
Just to clarify the issue, the GNSO representative in the Empowered Community is just the go between the EC and the GNSO.  The representative cannot take any decision by himself, he just communicates to the EC the GNSO decisions and to the GNSO the issues discussed  in the EC.
Best regards,
Osvaldo