[ksk-rollover] problem report: couple broken Turris Omnia installations

Petr Špaček petr.spacek at nic.cz
Wed Nov 7 13:56:54 UTC 2018

Hello,

here is anecdotal information about tiny problem caused by recent KSK
rollover:

Turris Omnia routers by CZ.NIC are shipped with DNSSEC validation
enabled by default. KSK-2017 was distributed to Omnia installations
using built-in automatic software updates months before the actual rollover.

Yet we saw couple individual users reporting problems after the rollover
and at the same time vast majority of users did not have any problem.
Further investigation yielded nothing useful so I can only share list of
possible explanations we came up with:

- system restore close to rollover event using old configuration backup
- messed up system upgrade

Unfortunatelly there is no wisdom to share.

--
Petr Špaček  @  CZ.NIC