[ksk-rollover] First Root KSK Rollover Successfully Completed

Wes Hardaker wjhns1 at hardakers.net
Tue Oct 16 19:42:04 UTC 2018

Warren Kumari <warren at kumari.net> writes:

> I would like to publicly say that the KSK Roll went much much much
> better than I was expecting / predicting, and to congratulate ICANN
> (and the OCTO group in particular) for this.

I'm particularly pleased to have seen no bump in traffic from the
resolvers that had failed to update their keys, indicating (hopefully)
that most deployed code bases no longer magnify requests under failure
(aka roll-over-and-die).

Well done to the ICANN community and organization for making this happen.
--
Wes Hardaker
USC/ISI