[ksk-rollover] [Ext] Re: First Root KSK Rollover Successfully Completed

Chris Thompson cet1 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Oct 17 14:32:36 UTC 2018

(Reordering and pruning somewhat...)

On Oct 17 2018, Geoff Huston wrote:
[...]
> On 16 Oct 2018, at 4:37 pm, Edward Lewis <edward.lewis at icann.org> wrote:
[...]
>>The plan is to publish a revocation of KSK-2010 on 11 January 2019. The
>>scheduled date for the KSK Ceremony (#35) that will produce that DNSKEY
>>set is 15 November 2018.
>
>That phase may merit some monitoring, as it the largest response to a
>root zone DNSKEY query and we are aware that some resolvers fail
>when the response gets this large.

Also, I hope that the RFC 8145 query monitoring will continue during this
period and distinguish servers that have dropped KSK-2010 from their set of
trust anchors from those that have not. This may give some insight into how
widespread, and how effective, RFC 5011 implementations are.

--
Chris Thompson
Email: cet1 at cam.ac.uk