[ksk-rollover] [Ext] Re: First Root KSK Rollover Successfully Completed

Matt Larson matt.larson at icann.org
Fri Oct 19 08:51:36 UTC 2018

On Oct 17, 2018, at 4:32 PM, Chris Thompson <cet1 at cam.ac.uk<mailto:cet1 at cam.ac.uk>> wrote:

Also, I hope that the RFC 8145 query monitoring will continue during this
period and distinguish servers that have dropped KSK-2010 from their set of
trust anchors from those that have not. This may give some insight into how
widespread, and how effective, RFC 5011 implementations are.

The ICANN org has no plans to shut off our RFC 8145 query processing, which processes RFC 8145 query reports we receive from most of the root operators and generates the graphs at http://root-trust-anchor-reports.research.icann.org. (ICANN's own L-root contributes to this data stream and we have no plans to stop reporting RFC 8145 queries from traffic received at L-root, either.) However, it's up to the other root operators to decide if they will continue to contribute data. The RFC 8145 data reporting was added to an existing query reporting mechanism already in place well before the rollover, so I'm hopeful everyone will be willing to keep the status quo. I can ask the various operators.

Matt