[ksk-rollover] When is the KSK rollover complete?

Paul Hoffman paul.hoffman at icann.org
Mon Oct 29 16:21:49 UTC 2018

On Oct 29, 2018, at 9:08 AM, Chris Thompson <cet1 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> On Oct 29 2018, Paul Hoffman wrote:
>
>> * Y'all did remember that the rollover isn't complete until we revoke
>> KSK-2010 on 11 January 2019, yes?
>
> Or maybe 70 days later (22 March) when the revoked KSK-2010 disappears
> from the root zone?

Good catch! We know that some software that does DNSSEC validation doesn't implement RFC 5011. The fact that the REVOKE bit is turned on in the record for KSK-2010 in DNSKEY RRset won't mean anything to systems running that software unless they also update their trust anchor files to only include KSK-2017.

--Paul Hoffman