[ksk-rollover] (Un)planning future KSK replacements

Carlos M. Martinez carlosm3011 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 09:29:06 UTC 2019

On 28 Mar 2019, at 10:23, Olaf Kolkman wrote:

> May I propose we call these Stochastic Key rolls. ;-)

Love it :-)

Besides the joke, I do also support regular-ish rolls. I also agree that
the main purpose for rolling the keys, at least for the next 4-5 years
is to get a lot of the machinery out there oiled as Liman said.

While it is true that IANA and the large operators should not need this
poking from the top to have their procedures and machinery ready for
emergency rolling, I do not believe that this is true for the wider DNS
operator community.

Should the rolls continue forever ? Maybe not, but I definitely see a
need for them in the next 4-5 years.

/Carlos