[ME ICANN] Middle East Space - Call for a New Co-Chair

Tijani BEN JEMAA tijani.benjemaa at topnet.tn
Tue Feb 2 12:53:38 UTC 2021

Dear all,

I’m pleased to accept Fahd’s proposal even if it’s not aligned with the charter.

I think that it’s a chance to have these 3 young people interested to be deeply involved in the ME Space activities and volunteering their time and energy to serve the community.
So Dima, Abdelmonem and Rolla are today the 3 co-chairs of the ME Space. I’m excited to work with them starting next Monday since we need to prepare for the ME Space at ICANN 70.

Best

> Le 30 janv. 2021 à 09:47, Fahd Batayneh <fahd.batayneh at icann.org> a écrit :
>
> Hello Tijani,
>
> The call for the second co-chair has closed. We received interest from 3 candidates:
>
> Dima Samaro
> Abdelmonim Galilla
> Rolla Hassan
>
> While this is not in-line with the charter, I would like to suggest to you that we onboard all 3 candidates for the co-chairmanship. This way, you can work on developing 3 community members for this position, and at the same time they can take a good amount of load of your shoulders. Once you decide that you would like to step-down and pave the way for others to lead, we at least have 3 candidates who have been developed to fill this position.
>
> Tell me what you think.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Fahd
>
> From: Dima Samaro <samaro.dima at gmail.com <mailto:samaro.dima at gmail.com>>
> Date: Thursday, January 21, 2021 at 3:36 PM
> To: Fahd Batayneh <fahd.batayneh at icann.org <mailto:fahd.batayneh at icann.org>>
> Cc: Middle East ICANN <middle-east at icann.org <mailto:middle-east at icann.org>>
> Subject: [Ext] Re: [ME ICANN] Middle East Space - Call for a New Co-Chair
>
> Dear Fahd and all,
>
> I hope you're doing well!
>
> I am interested in serving as a co-chair alongside Mr. Tijani and willing to allocate time and energy for the Middle East space. Therefore I would like to nominate myself.
>
> Many thanks,
> Dima
>
> On Thu, Jan 21, 2021 at 1:53 PM Fahd Batayneh <fahd.batayneh at icann.org <mailto:fahd.batayneh at icann.org>> wrote:
>> Friends and Colleagues,
>>
>> Tijani Ben Jemaa has agreed to serve as a co-chair of the Middle East Space for another term. Thank you, Tijani!
>>
>> This is an open call for community members to serve alongside Tijani as co-chair for the Middle East Space. We are seeking interested candidates who are willing to allocate some of their time and energy for this regional space. You can either nominate yourself or nominate a colleague.
>>
>> More about the Middle East Space can be found here >> https://icannwiki.org/ICANN_ME_SPACE [icannwiki.org] <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/icannwiki.org/ICANN_ME_SPACE__;!!PtGJab4!vxk6dPzrjua8U0ojvc4fd4dF-y83P6IFqP6UrJtqrZ5_eIGjmK0tEFSejBtVQaAmMZIRoUbM2A$>.
>>
>> Thank you,
>>
>> Fahd Batayneh
>> ICANN

> [...]
Tijani BEN JEMAA