[NCAP-Discuss] Catalog of name collision documents

Rubens Kuhl rubensk at nic.br
Wed Apr 24 21:54:00 UTC 2019

In the SubPro PDP WT4, one part of the effort is very similar to NCAP Study 1 in collecting references of prior work. It's summed up at:
https://community.icann.org/display/NGSPP/4.6.3+Name+Collisions

Looking at page, one reference seems to be lost, and there are another two references I remember could be added:

"DEFCON 21 - DNS May Be Hazardous to Your Health - Robert Stucke"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPbyDSvGasw

"Introducing: The ORDINAL Dataset Opera&onal	Research	Data	from	Internet	NAmespace Logs" - Jeff Schmidt
https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/presentation-ordinal-datasets-colliding-domains-13may17-en.pdf
https://impactcybertrust.org/dataset_view?idDataset=794

"Most Popular Invalid TLDs Should Be Reserved"
http://www.circleid.com/posts/20090618_most_popular_invalid_tlds_should_be_reserved/

And as Jay also asked for during our call, this is the initial report from the PDP WG:
https://gnso.icann.org/sites/default/files/file/field-file-attach/subsequent-procedures-initial-overarching-issues-work-tracks-1-4-03jul18-en.pdf

Section 2.7.8 deal with name collisions, starting on page 156 and going up to page  164. I'll send a separate e-mail mentioning the PDP report.

Rubens