[NCAP-Discuss] RFP to engage contractor for NCAP Study 1 is now open

Matt Larson matt.larson at icann.org
Wed Jul 17 18:38:40 UTC 2019

On Jul 9, 2019, at 1:44 PM, Matt Larson <matt.larson at icann.org<mailto:matt.larson at icann.org>> wrote:

The RFP to engage a contractor for NCAP Study 1 is now open:

https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2019-07-09-en

The response so far to the RFP has been disappointing. We've notified over a dozen different organizations about the RFP's existence, and to date we've had only one firm indicate an intention to bid.

After talking with ICANN Procurement, we have decided that we have no alternative but to extend the RFP timeline to allow more time for potential bidders to respond. We are moving most of the dates later by about two and a half weeks. The new schedule will be published on https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/governance/rfps-en soon, but I'm happy to share it here now:

RFP published 9 July 2019
Participants to indicate interest in submitting RFP proposal 2 August 2019 by 23:59 UTC
Participants submit any questions to ICANN via RFP sourcing tool (SciQuest) 9 August 2019 by 23:59 UTC
ICANN responds to participant questions By 16 August 2019
Participant proposals due by 23 August 2019 by 23:59 UTC
Evaluation of responses (estimated) 6 September 2019
Contracting and award (estimated)  20 September 2019

We had previously been shooting for contract award by 3 September, so it's not a huge slip.

In the meantime, I encourage you to publicize the RFP on your own and to tell anyone you know who might be qualified and interested.

Thanks,

Matt
--
Matt Larson, VP of Research