[NCAP-Discuss] FOR DISCUSSION: Definition of Name Collision

Jay Daley jay at daley.org.nz
Wed Jun 5 19:41:00 UTC 2019

Hi Danny

My apologies for this late change of heart on this.  We had originally planned for the contractor to finalise this definition but we recently realised that would seriously hold up the whole process and so we are going to finalise it in the WG.  I’m comfortable that we can give you a chance to comment on list after this meeting and maybe possibly finalise next week.  If anything substantive appears today then we will definitely need another meeting to finalise, but if it is all tinkering then maybe not.

The intent is that this definition then goes out for a Public Comment period and that completes in time for the contractor to be appointed to started work,

Jay

> On 6/06/2019, at 4:36 AM, Danny McPherson <danny at tcb.net> wrote:
>

> Me neither, regrets for today.
>
> That said, Steve Sheng & chairs, are we actually seeking feedback on this or is it like the last meeting where we _actually weren't going to change anything per this is what the current WP was handed by the SSAC WP?
>

> -danny
>
> On 2019-06-05 09:45, Steve Crocker wrote:
>> With apology, I will not be on today’s call.
>> Stevd
>> Sent from my iPhone
>> On Jun 4, 2019, at 11:57 PM, Steve Sheng <steve.sheng at icann.org>
>> wrote:
>>> Dear NCAP WP,
>>> As previously mentioned, the NCAP admin committee decided to make
>>> the definition of name collision a deliverable of the NCAP project
>>> with public consultation through the ICANN public comment.
>>> Please see the first draft of the name collision definition for
>>> discussion on wed 5 June NCAP call.
>> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1h1iuouwwmzitjyFlEPgJHLabgxhdTQTo7Ehfd1v1CBo/edit?usp=sharing
>>> Best
>>> Steve
>>> delivery or disabling delivery altogether (e.g., for a vacation),
>>> and so on.
>> delivery altogether (e.g., for a vacation), and so on.

Jay Daley
jay at daley.org.nz
+64 21 678840
skype: jaydaley