[NCAP-Discuss] Meeting Friday, 1 November

James Galvin jgalvin at afilias.info
Tue Oct 29 12:50:55 UTC 2019

We are now 3 days away from our first meeting in several months.  Two
big changes have happened in that time.

First, unfortunately, our co-Chair has had to step down.  This means we
are on the hunt for at least 1 other co-Chair.  We had always hoped we
would have 3 co-Chairs and had planned to seek a third as soon as we
kicked off with our contractor for Study 1.  Interested parties should
contact me (or Rod Rasmussen, SSAC Chair) directly as soon as possible!

Second, yes we have a contractor for Study 1.  The start date for the
contractor is 1 November, the day of our meeting.  They will be joining
us remotely.

The meeting this Friday is primarily a kick-off meeting.  The NCAP Admin
committee is meeting later today to plan the details.  We’ll have more
to say about that tomorrow.

Roughly speaking, the agenda will include the following.

* Introductions

* Review of Definition of Name Collisions - recall this has passed
through a public comment period

* Review of Study 1, including Q&A with contractor, in both directions

* Review of timeline, overall project plan, and other logistics

* Setup for Study 2

Suggestions for other topics are welcome.  Please send them to the list.

Thanks to all!  I’m looking forward to really getting started!

Jim