[NCAP-Discuss] Section five, "Datasets", of Study 1 draft report

Matt Larson matt.larson at icann.org
Fri Apr 3 19:06:30 UTC 2020

Dear NCAP colleagues,

After reflecting on recent discussions owe've had n calls and in email, I'd like to take a different tack in receiving the group's feedback on the portion of the report related to datasets. Please recall that the draft report that this group has already commented on, which then went out for the recent public comment, already includes a section five entitled "Datasets". This section represents how Karen has addressed the Study 1 deliverables related to datasets and gaps in datasets. The discussions the group has had about the topic of datasets and gaps has seemed to start from scratch rather than react to the content already in the report that addresses the topic.

I'd like to ask that you please review section five of the report and please comment if you think any changes are needed.

For your reference, the report is at https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/ncap-study-1-report-12feb20-en.pdf.

Please note that we don't expect material changes to section five based on the public comments we received.

To allow us to stay on schedule, please make any comments by April 13.

Thanks, and have a good weekend.

Matt