[NCAP-Discuss] [Ext] Revised draft of NCAP Study 1 report

Patrik Fältström paf at frobbit.se
Sun Feb 9 16:06:21 UTC 2020

On 9 Feb 2020, at 7:06, Rubens Kuhl wrote:

> Where can I find (regardless of author) well-thought analysis supporting the claim that the delegation of new TLDs could make people die ?

The only claim of people dying I know of is coming from a blogger:

<http://domainincite.com/13221-verisign-says-people-might-die-if-new-gtlds-are-delegated>

I have not seen many statements by bloggers like this author which are based on analysis and because of that I do not think we have to go down that path and investigate it further.

Also note that the link in this blog post to Verisigns actual response is wrong. You can find Verisigns response here:

<https://forum.icann.org/lists/comments-gac-safeguard-advice-23apr13/pdfzz0VhyFkZw.pdf>

But once again, we are in a data gathering phase now, and I want to have this group focus on what our task is.

   Patrik