[NCAP-Discuss] Additional comments on the comments to the Scarfone Draft

Jeff Schmidt jschmidt at jasadvisors.com
Wed May 6 19:43:51 UTC 2020

> Jeff, you're the one that made noise about corp.com which largely occurs
> because of .CORP and you submitted a paper just last week saying there
> should be more outreach.  You can't have it both ways.

I've never said collisions aren't a problem.  I've said we understand them and what we (collective, royal We) have done since 2012 to mitigate the risks associated with adding labels to the root worked.  If anyone wants to do this (put things in the root) again, we should do what we did before and expect the same, successful, results.  6 years of history on this.  What I'm concerned about is the hamster wheel of analysis paralysis we seem to be stuck in.  See my "no bid" email from a year-ish ago.

> I'd just like to see an actual analysis of controlled interruption and the efficacy, no one has done

You and others have analyzed the crap out of it and if there were evidence showing it was ineffective or dangerous it would have surfaced by now.  Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

> As for the IP derived from peer-reviewed work (unlike CI) that is actually

I've heard this argument before, but I would assert at this point that CI has been more widely analyzed and evaluated in real-world global production and "peer reviewed" much than any other theoretical, academic, paper-only approach.

Jeff