[NCAP-Discuss] Additional comments on the comments to the Scarfone Draft

Rubens Kuhl rubensk at nic.br
Wed May 6 21:42:34 UTC 2020

>> And yet, years after the delegations, nothing surfaced.
>
> See this translated link, as but a single example (I've attached PDF as well):
>
> https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=ru&ie=UTF-8&u=https%3A%2F%2Fhabrahabr.ru%2Fcompany%2Fmailru%2Fblog%2F259521%2F&edit-text=
>
> That's old and was posted when delegations first began.  It's also one of the reasons my of the folks and company's in cyber have talked about wholesale blocking of new gTLDs, I think that's a bad thing for all of us - YMMV.\

This is WPAD, which I already mentioned as suggested by then applicants as a string to be blocked at the 2nd level and as one of the few discovery protocols not using _. Nothing new here.

> I'm again going to avoid back and forth with you here, none of this is new and references have been provided - because you believe "nothing has surfaced" isn't a metric I'm worried about.

It's not a matter of belief, it's a record of no major disruptions that if there was evidence otherwise, would already been on the table.

Rubens