[NCAP-Discuss] Clarifications

James Galvin jgalvin at afilias.info
Thu May 14 18:11:17 UTC 2020

Justine, responding just to your question:

On 13 May 2020, at 16:56, Justine Chew wrote:

> A side question for the co-chairs: Does what we're doing now affect
> the Final Study 1 Report in any way? Since that has gone out for
> public comment, is there a remedial step that should be taken (by
> OCTO) to address our current discussion?

I would say no.

The work was done based on a provided definition.  In terms of the
bibliography part of the work, all that happened is perhaps some
additional work was included that might not otherwise have been
included.  We can easily set this aside as we go forward.

As far as the discussion group reacting to any part of the report based
on a new definition of name collision, we may choose to do that and
therefore members of the discussion group should provide their point of
view.

Jim