[NCAP-Discuss] next meeting: 16 September 2020, 1900 UTC

James Galvin jgalvin at afilias.info
Thu Sep 3 19:47:14 UTC 2020

Your NCAP Admin Committee met today and we have a plan for moving
forward.  As mentioned in our last discussion group meeting, broadly
speaking we need a “revised” project proposal for Study 2.

The leadership team is going to do this as a two step process.  First,
we’ll create a summary of the path we’re proposing as discussed in
our last discussion group meeting.  We’ll share this with the
discussion group for any final comments.

Next, we’ll share this summary with the Board Technical Committee
(BTC) and ask for their review and agreement that the direction we’re
headed is a reasonable one from their perspective.  Of course, if they
have any questions or concerns we’ll want to hear those and we’ll
address them.

Finally, we’ll work with the discussion group to add sufficient detail
to the summary so we can then focus on a revised cost estimate for the
work.  Once we have consensus on a final proposal we’ll submit that to
the Board and hopefully move forward smartly with our work on Study 2.

The date of the next meeting for the discussion group will be Wednesday,
16 September, at our usual time of 1900 UTC.  The NCAP Admin Committee
will have a summary to share with the group at that time for your final
comments.

See you all then!

Jim
On behalf of NCAP Admin