[NCAP-Discuss] Root Cause Analysis Reports - Final Call for Comments

Casey Deccio casey at deccio.net
Wed Aug 3 16:11:29 UTC 2022

Dear NCAP DG members,

As you know, I have written two reports associated with root cause analysis for name collisions reports received by ICANN.  Some time ago I distributed earlier versions of these documents to this mailing list, which resulted in feedback that I have addressed in the latest versions.  Most of the changes are relatively minor.  The one significant addition is the inclusion of a section on "Qname minimization considerations", which is now section 7.3 of the "Root Cause Analysis - new gTLD" report.  The final version of these reports will be included as appendices in the Study 2 document, along with other reports that have been written in conjunction with Study 2.

I invite you to read the documents, with particular attention to the new section.  I will consider this a final call for comments from the NCAP DG.

Root Cause Analysis - wpad.domain.name
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1y5jcWeH3gOKzxtF7_BnqNdwbbvlyqvshNVIZvJ19wDg/edit?usp=sharing

Root Cause Analysis - New gTLD Collisions
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YSvdH9Slws0iW3e6yoS04s5zANBnyMMFn9DUNE19fkg/edit?usp=sharing

Please request access if you don't have it.

Cheers,
Casey