[NCAP-Discuss] ICANN’s thoughts on controlled interruption

Jeff Schmidt jschmidt at jasadvisors.com
Mon Feb 14 15:46:16 UTC 2022

Apologies, one additional point: GDPR and its global friends did not exist 7 years ago. I am not a lawyer but I strongly suspect the privacy-related requirements (and liabilities) associated with running such a honeypot globally (and subject to literally every global privacy jurisdiction) would be uneconomical at best and untenable at worst. Hard to imagine the proverbial juice being worth the squeeze.

Jeff