[NCAP-Discuss] NCAP DG agenda: 16 February 2022

James Galvin galvin at elistx.com
Mon Feb 21 19:56:49 UTC 2022

Anne,

Great notes in your support for your question.  I believe we should
consider on our perspective on how NCAP does or does not address those
questions.

With respect your specific question about the bullet point on the slide,
I can tell you what I had in mind at the time, which has evolved a bit
with your question.

Originally, I was imagining there would be a well-defined step in the
Application Process (which is defined by the Applicant Guidebook - hence
the bullet) for name collision assessment.  Currently, we’re imagining
the overall name collision assessment process as several sub-steps,
which in my early model would have all been inserted at some specific
point in time determined by the SubPro process.  That’s how it
started.

Reading your expansion of why you were asking the question convinces me
we should consider if NCAP is a single step in the application process,
or if the steps as we are developing them could be separated into
different places in the application process.  I’m not yet convinced we
have to say anything about this, but I do think it’s an important
question to discuss so we can confirm if there is something to say or
not.

Jim