[NCAP-Discuss] Nearly-empty TLD zone contents (was Re: Outline of possible phases)

Jeff Schmidt jschmidt at jasadvisors.com
Wed Aug 30 15:27:52 UTC 2023

Fair point re: apples and Tonka Trucks. 😊

I think this is a fine idea, should be tested, and may very well wind-up in the toolbox. It may have some traits incrementally superior to some other techniques, but it isn’t a game changer.  was responding somewhat energetically to the consensus call which implies larger scope than “this is a good idea.”

What I see is a “pool” of techniques that are in the TRT’s toolbox, all with various risk profiles, objectives, data collection value, and alerting value/characteristics. We as a group argue about the specifics (which technique is better at X than the other, alerting is more important than data collection, etc.), but in general we agree that there are a sea of tradeoffs and multiple potential techniques.

Jeff