[NCAP-Discuss] NCF phases x DNSSEC

Thomas, Matthew mthomas at verisign.com
Thu Dec 7 08:08:33 UTC 2023

Thanks Rubens.

Any other group comments?  Otherwise, I propose this is memorialized by the writing staff into the document.

Matt

On 06.12.23, 22:23, "NCAP-Discuss on behalf of Rubens Kuhl via NCAP-Discuss" <ncap-discuss-bounces at icann.org <mailto:ncap-discuss-bounces at icann.org> on behalf of ncap-discuss at icann.org <mailto:ncap-discuss at icann.org>> wrote:

Matt,

Reflecting on that, I like your proposal. Collisions that are already happening do not have DNSSEC validation, unless someone uses old DNS software with TLV validation and an alternative DNSSEC chain.

So while we already established as DNSSEC harmful to tool #1, so in this case is a MUST NOT, we could establish a SHOULD NOT for all tools from 2 to 4. And forecast root zone change rate based on “no DNSSEC needed”.

Rubens