[NCAP-Discuss] Action items for the NCAP DG members

Thomas, Matthew mthomas at verisign.com
Mon Nov 13 11:16:18 UTC 2023

Just a gentle Monday morning nudge to pop this email to the top of your email stack.

Please take some time and act on the three action items below.

Best,

Matt

From: NCAP-Discuss <ncap-discuss-bounces at icann.org> on behalf of "Thomas, Matthew via NCAP-Discuss" <ncap-discuss at icann.org>
Reply to: "Thomas, Matthew" <mthomas at verisign.com>
Date: Thursday, 9 November 2023 at 09:46
To: "ncap-discuss at icann.org" <ncap-discuss at icann.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [NCAP-Discuss] Action items for the NCAP DG members

Caution: This email originated from outside the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

NCAP DG,

We have three action items for the DG:

  1.  Yesterday during the NCAP DG call, we discussed terminology for the “buckets” (things 1 through 4) that were presented at ICANN.  The group landed on the word “phases”. I understand many of you were unable to attend; so, I ask that if you have any concerns or disagreement with moving forward calling them “phases 1 through 4” to please raise those concerns here.  I ask because it will be a significant amount of work for Heather to update this new terminology through the document and we’d really like to avoid extra work given our current state and desire to finish ASAP.
  2.  There was a separate conversation / thread about the involvement of non-ICANN/IANA managed domain/TLD lists that may have some impact on name collisions such as the Public Suffix List (PSL) or things like HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS).  I kindly ask for those folks on those threads to move that information and discussion to the DG mailing list for broader dissemination.
  3.  Some outstanding questions raised by Ruben’s about DNSSEC and root delegation changes/rates need to be addressed and discussed.  We please ask for the DG to respond on the mailing list and if needed we can hash out more of this topic on the next DG call.

Thanks everyone for your continued dedication and work to getting NCAP Study 2 completed.

Best,

Matt Thomas
NCAP co-chair