[NCAP-Discuss] Workflow methods

Matt Larson matt.larson at icann.org
Thu Nov 30 16:59:47 UTC 2023

On Nov 29, 2023, at 1:54 PM, Casey Deccio <casey at deccio.net> wrote:

This is why I was suggesting a few calls ago that if the user experience is the same for (2) and (3), why don't we just skip to (3), so we also get better data?

(i.e., skipping controlled interruption and going directly to reject all)

The user experience between (2) and (3) might be the same (or essentially the same), but to channel Jeff Schmidt, there is notification value in the returned value of 127.0.53.53 for those administrators who investigate a failure, see that IP address, and do a Google search.

The other thing that controlled interruption has going for it was that we’ve already used the technique many times and it didn’t break the Internet.

Matt