[New gTLD RG] gTLD RG conference call on Monday August 6 Re: comment on .book gTLD application by Amazon EU S.a.r.l. ;

Dev Anand Teelucksingh admin at ttcsweb.org
Thu Aug 2 17:29:01 UTC 2012

Dear All, note that thanks to Eduardo and Yrjo as requested in the
last RG call, a condensed version of InternetNZ's comment (since
comments sent to ICANN to the Application Comment Period (ACP) has to
be within a certain length) has been done and available at
https://community.icann.org/display/newgtldrg/.book+_OG

Given the submission of the comment by InternetNZ at the last hour
before the RG conference call, there was no time for us to have read
and thus have a discussion on the issue raised. However, with several
comments now on the wiki page (and some on this list), I have noted
that there is not yet broad consensus regarding any comment that could
be sent to the ALAC regarding the .book gTLD application.

Therefore, the gTLD RG will have a conference call on Monday August 6
(At-Large Staff will confirm the time in a subsequent email) to
- discuss the comments raised on the wiki page at
https://community.icann.org/display/newgtldrg/.book+_OG regarding the
.book gTLD application
- decide on whether to send a comment regarding .book to the ALAC on August 6.
- confirm the content of the comment (if decision by the gTLD RG is
taken to submit a comment) that would be sent to the ALAC.

The ALAC will then have 5 days until August 11 to review and vote on
whether to submit the comment as a comment from the ALAC on the .book
application by Amazon S.a.r.l.

I encourage everyone to discuss this on the wiki page before the call
on August 6.
If the decision by the RG is to submit a comment to the ALAC, I
anticipate that the call on August 6 may go over 60 minutes.

Kind Regards,

Dev Anand Teelucksingh
Chair, gTLD RG