[New gTLD RG] Fwd: Objetions commonwealth bank of Australia

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 00:13:26 UTC 2012

My personal response.  I'm not sure what to make of it.

With respect to geographic names and if we adopt ISO 3166 as authority, CBA
is not listed as an ISO 3166 3-letter code for a geographic entity. The ISO
3166 3-letter code for Argentina is ARG.  I'm challenged to find a ISO 3166
3-letter code for either the province or city of Cordoba, Argentina.

In context of a community objection, I'm not sure which community is
invoked as injured by this application. We have and assertion that cba is
well known to Spanish speakers as an acronym for the Argentine province of
Cordoba.  The same complainant later on asserts several organizations in
other parts of the world could and maybe make use of this exact acronym.
 So, is the complaint on behalf of all other users of this acronym as a
class?  I cannot tell.

The complaint did not identify a limited public interest as grounds for
this objection so I cannot comment.

Kind regards,
- Carlton Samuels

Carlton A Samuels