[New gTLD RG] Fwd: Re: Letter to ICANN - Re: Africa Strategy

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Wed Aug 22 19:57:21 UTC 2012

FYI

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: Letter to ICANN - Re: Africa Strategy
Date: 	Wed, 22 Aug 2012 21:55:25 +0200
From: 	Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond <ocl at gih.com>
To: 	sbekele <sbekele at dotconnectafrica.org>
CC: 	Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond <ocl at gih.com>

Dear Sophia,

thank you for your email containing the letters your organisation has
sent to the ICANN Board of Directors and the one to ICANN expressing
your deep concerns.
I have forwarded your letter to our At-Large new gTLD Review Group.

At-Large indeed prides itself in being as transparent as it can possibly
be, thus leading by example in the ICANN ecosystem. Your email will
therefore appear in the new gTLD Review Group's public archives.

As for ICANN taking heed of the contents of the letters you attach to
your message, this is a question which we, the At-Large Advisory
Committee (ALAC) always wonder about since a main part of our work is
giving advice to the ICANN Board and on Public Comment processes.
Historically, some of our advice has been taken into account; some has
not. With a bottom-up multi-stakeholder system, this is a fact of life
which we don't have any power over except being persistent and truthful
to our convictions.

Kind regards,

Olivier Crépin-Leblond
ALAC Chair