[New gTLD RG] [GTLD-WG] Fwd: « Closed Generic » gTLD Applications for HOTEL, HOTELS, HOTEIS, HOTELES

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Thu Apr 4 06:25:47 UTC 2013

I wonder would it be of interest to send to Mr. Nystrom the ALAC position
on closed generics?

His letter suggests no request to have ALAC file a formal objection, but
rather a request to enlist our support in any further action that may
ensue. He seems to understand that our concept of "community" may not match
his.

Of course, this kind of letter simply serves to remind that the GAC seems
able to object on numerous grounds -- some of which are being made up on
the fly, it seems -- while ALAC's ability to object was severely
constrained.

- Evan

--
Evan Leibovitch