[Npoc-discuss] CCWG Accountability recommendations - NPOC’s response and comments

Rudi Vansnick rudi.vansnick at isoc.be
Fri Dec 18 17:05:08 UTC 2015

Dear NPOC member,

You most probably are aware of the heavy workload during the past weeks and months related to the IANA transition. Recently we received the 12 recommendations of the CCWG Accountability work stream 1. During the past days NPOC officers have worked through a document (attached in PDF format) containing NPOC’s response and comments on the recommendations.

We would like you to have a closer look to the attached document and, if required, please comment or correct where appropriate and/or needed. We will post the response on Sunday December 20th as the deadline is the 21st.

We appreciate your participation in this work.

As NPOC chair I would like to thank Klaus Stoll and Sam Lanfranco for their extensive work in this case.

Summary of Response and Comments
Recommendations Supported without Comment:
	• Recommendation #1
	• Recommendation #2
	• Recommendation #3
	• Recommendation #4
	• Recommendation #8
	• Recommendation #10
	• Recommendation #11
	• Recommendation #12
Recommendations Supported with Comment:
NPOC supports Recommendation #5 and the efforts for proposed Bylaw revisions. NPOC requests that the community be explicitly
NPOC supports Recommendation #6 and the proposed implementation processes.
NPOC supports Recommendation #7 and requests more detail with regard to giving the Empowered Community the right to have standing with the Independent Review Process
NPOC supports Recommendation #9, and seeks clarification with regard to how actions around the WHOIS and competition, consumer trust and consumer choice would be handled within the context of ICANN’s Bylaws.
Kind regards,

Rudi Vansnick
Chair Non-for-Profit Operational Concerns Constituency (NPOC)
www.npoc.org <http://www.npoc.org/>

rudi.vansnick at npoc.org
Tel : +32 (0)9 329 39 16
Mobile : +32 (0)475 28 16 32