[Npoc-discuss] Candidate Statement

MPSV mpsilvavalent at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 12:25:34 UTC 2015

Dear NPOC members,

	It is my honor to accept the nomination for Secretariat of NPOC and ask for your vote. Let me tell you about myself.

	I am a Lawyer in Argentina, working at my hometown university, Universidad Torquato Di Tella, and doing several projects and research with different NGO’s. One of the is AGEIA DENSI, who I represent in NPOC. With AGEIA DENSI my work is mainly research on Internet Governance critical resources like the DNS and multistake-holderism. As a lawyer I also do private consulting on my own family law-firm (mainly real-estate related clients). I’ve been working in the Internet Ecosystem issues, specially from the regulatory side and civil rights concerns, for the last years. And inside ICANN for the last two.
	I started in ICANN as a Fellow, the Fellowship is a program that aims to give people from developing countries, that have an appropriate profile, the opportunity to get to know ICANN from the inside. In my case I started to engage with NPOC from my first ICANN meeting. By then I was already engaged as a user in the NCUC and the NCSG.
	This last year, I’v been the NPOC Secretariat in a very special moment of NPOC, where the new Master Plan was prepared and lunched with an amazing success and support from all across ICANN and even outside of it. We managed to co-create a strategy for Non-for-profit and Civil Society engagement that NPOC needed to fulfill it’s multi-stakeholder duty of debating and creating DNS policy.
	ICANN is one of the few milestones of Internet, and the worlds economy and human rights depend on it. The role of NPOC is crucial for this mission, and the role of the Secretariat of NPOC is therefore very sensitive. It is with this in mind that I work and ask for your vote.
	We still have a lot of work to do, and I will work to achieve the NPOC and ICANN mission wether it is inside the ExCom or as a regular member. As Secretariat I think I can still continue to help and develop further the plans we have created and the success representation of the non-fo-profit operational concerns.

Thank you for your trust and hope.
Sincerely,
Martín Silva Valent