[Npoc-discuss] ICANN and Human Rights & the World Bank and Human Rights

Sam Lanfranco lanfran at yorku.ca
Thu Oct 1 18:47:26 UTC 2015

As we struggle to determine where and how human rights fit into what
ICANN is and what it does, it might be useful to read the recent report
to the UN General Assembly by the UN Special Rapporteur on extreme
poverty and human rights, Philip Alston, submitted in accordance with
Human Rights Council resolution 26/.

It is short, 23 pages long, and has been used by others to describe the
World Bank, in negative terms, as a "Human-Rights Free Zone". I would
hate to see that label applied to ICANN.

http://www.un.org/en/ga/search/view_doc.asp?symbol=A/70/274

Sam L.