[Npoc-discuss] Invitation to participate

Carlos Raul Gutierrez crg at isoc-cr.org
Mon Dec 5 01:29:05 UTC 2016

Thank you Joan!

Please see my reasons to participate inline below

Carlos Raúl Gutiérrez
ISOC Costa Rica Chapter
skype carlos.raulg
+506 8837 7176
________
Apartado 1571-1000
COSTA RICA

On Sun, Dec 4, 2016 at 4:35 PM, Joan Kerr <joankerr at fbsc.org> wrote:

> [image: Inline image 1]
>
> Dear NPOC Members
>
> T*he NPOC Excom is inviting YOU to participate!*
>
> Are you interested in becoming more involved in the ICANN policy
> development process. The NPOC Excom is inviting you to submit an expression
> of interest to attend the 4th Intersessional Meeting being held in
> Reykjavik (see more info below). Please note that your travel and
> accommodation will be paid, and you will also receive per diem.
>
> If you are interested in attending in person, please send an email to
> joankerr at fbsc.org with the following by Tuesday 06 December 2016, 1200
> UTC:
>
> *Name/Organization: *

*ISOC Costa Rica Chapter*

> *ICANN Affiliation (WGs, etc.):*

*LACRALO & NPOC as organizational member. NCUC as individual member. GNSO
Council liaison to the GAC.*

> *Reason for wanting to attend in person:*

The NCSG has paid very little attention to the cases of very specific non
commercial users, like the IGOs, INGOs and the Red Cross group of
international and national organizations. While the GNSO made its policy
recommendations back in 2014, the Board has accepted only part of those
recommendations and those have been implemented rather slowly by ICANN, as
the Registry of .int.
This neglect has reached a high level of attention in both the Helsinki and
Hyderabad GAC communiques. I worry that the NCPH has participated very
little  in those discussions and let the Council and GAC leaderships to
handle this discussions with little or no input from our part.

> *Level of participation in NPOC (explain):*

I have actively given feedback to the NPOC of all relevant council
activities over the last 2 years, from my role a NomCom appointee to the
Council

> *In addition to the above, attendees would be required to write a blog
> report maximum 2 weeks after the meeting and join an ICANN working
> group/NPOC committee.*

Agree.