[Npoc-discuss] Mentorship Program

Agustina Callegari agustinacallegari at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 18:49:05 UTC 2016

Dear NPOC members,

Thank you Joan for sharing this opportunity. In consideration of my
interest in being part of the Mentee Programme, I am submitting my
statement of interest.

My name is Agustina Callegari, I am a young social communicator, and I have
joined NPOC last year on behalf of ADC (in Spanish, “Asociación Por Los
Derechos Civiles”), a civil society organization based in Buenos Aires,
Argentina (Latin America region).

Since I am a new member of this constituency, I strongly believe that the
Mentee Programme will provide me with an excellent opportunity to continue
developing inside the ICANN ecosystem. Specifically, it would be a good
chance to make a step forward in NPOC as we are currently working in ADC in
the creation of a toolkit in Spanish regarding the importance of the domain
names for NGOs in the country. We expect to launch it in February 2016 and
we will be pleased to present it to the community in ICANN Marrakesh.

Furthermore, I have recently joined the New GNSO Policy Development Process
(PDP) Working Group as an observer in order to get involved in ICANN
current process.

I would like to highlight that in 2015 I was part of both the NextGen at ICANN
programme at ICANN53 and the Ambassador Programme during ICANN54. Ever
since I have been engaged in continuing to support the NextGen program so
as to benefit future groups.

Even though ICANN Marrakesh would be my third ICANN, it is well-known that
ICANN ecosystem it´s not easy to fully understand. Therefore, I feel I have
a lot more to learn about the community in order to enrich my work and to
make better contributions to the constituency I am involved with. Moreover,
I am keen on the possibility of having a Mentor, who could advise me and
share his/her experiences. For all these reasons, I am sure that  the
Mentee Program will help me gain fresh ideas and perspectives to improve my
work and engagement in ICANN.

If any other information are required, I am open to sending it.

Kind regards,

Agustina Callegari