[Npoc-discuss] Elections

Joan Kerr joankerr at fbsc.org
Thu Jun 30 08:03:28 UTC 2016

Hello NPOCers,

A day after the NPOC election, in addition to thanking you for the vote,
I'd like to thank ICANN staff for all the support during the election
process.  Congratulations once again to the new Excom.

I wanted to take the opportunity to outline the process for your review.

First, as Members Chair, I worked with staff to ensure that the members on
the list were made aware of the upcoming nominations and to inform them of
the eligibility, nomination and election processes.

Once that process was completed, staff sent the ballots to the members with
the required process.  My role in the process ended after submitting the
active/eligible list, having no involvement during the elections, other
than a few reminders to you the members.

 As I understand it, the entire voting process was managed by a third
party, the results forwarded to staff and then to the Chair.

Thank you again for your votes, and I as I look to execute my
responsibilities, I'd like to invite you to become part of the Membership
Committee so we can be as responsive as possible to the needs of our
members.

Sincerely,

Joan Kerr,
NPOC, Membership Chair