[Npoc-discuss] NPOC Charter review announcement and timetable

Klaus Stoll kdrstoll at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 09:46:05 UTC 2016

Dear NPOC members

Greetings and I hope this email finds you all well. I am happy to
announce to you the formal process and timetable for a NPOC Charter
review. (see below)

We as constituencies have from time to time have to amend our charters
in order to adapt to new realities and needs. Here is a chance for all
NPOC members to get fundamentally involved on how NPOC will look like
and act in the future. Please let us know via this email list if you
want to join the review team. The review team will have a first
conference call on MONDAY the 10th of October 15.00 UTC. I urge all who
want to make a difference for NPOC, ICANN and Internet Governance as a
whole.

Please let us know if you want to participate in the review team and you
will receive the meeting details. The review team will keep the rest of
the constituency informed about developments.

Yours

Klaus

*NPOC Charter Review Time table*

1) Formal decision by EC to review and amendment the NPOC charter. (Done)

2) Monday 3rd of October:

a) Formally announce to ICANN staff and constituency the review and
amendment with timetable.

b) Request expression of interest to join review team (NPOC members)

3) Monday the 10th of October. First call Charter review team

4 )Monday the 10th of October-Sunday 6th of November First Round review
by Charter review team

5) Sunday 6th of November, Presentation of first draft review text
during NPOC Constituency day ICANN 57 Hyderabad

6) Sunday 6th of November - Monday 5th of December Second round review
by Charter review team

7) Monday 12th of December - Presentation and discussion of second round
draft during call.

8) Wednesday 15th December- Second round draft send for staff review.
(allow 10 working days)

9) 6th January put for public comment, (allow 30 working days)

10) Board review