[Npoc-discuss] Fwd: Re: [Soac-infoalert] Joint Note to Community Leaders about Recent Public Comment Improvements

Olévié Kouami olivierkouami at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 10:17:04 UTC 2016

Fyi
---------- Message transféré ----------
De : "Patrik Fältström" <paf at frobbit.se>
Date : 13 sept. 2016 19:20
Objet : Re: [Soac-infoalert] Joint Note to Community Leaders about Recent
Public Comment Improvements
À : "David Olive" <david.olive at icann.org>
Cc : "Donna Mason" <donna.mason at icann.org>, "Akram Atallah" <
akram.atallah at icann.org>, "Gwen Carlson" <gwen.carlson at icann.org>, "Carlos
Reyes" <carlos.reyes at icann.org>, "soac-infoalert at icann.org" <
soac-infoalert at icann.org>

Hi,

Good initiative!

But, whats the URL?

   paf

On 13 Sep 2016, at 12:47, David Olive wrote:

> Dear Community Leaders:
>
> At ICANN55 in Marrakech, we received feedback during a public forum
session about the public comment process at ICANN. Specifically, the
speakers expressed concerns about the multitude of public comment requests
and other ICANN calls to action. Requesting opinions from the community is
an essential part of the multistakeholder process, and we recognize the
importance of ensuring that this is an easy-to-use and streamlined process.

> As a result, our teams discussed this issue and subsequently created a
single page that lists all opportunities for the community to provide
feedback on open calls-to-action including activities that fall outside of
typical public comment proceedings. This page is now live. It is also
accessible from the main banner at the top of the public comment page. We
encourage you to share this added functionality with your communities.

> The Global Domains Division will maintain this new page, and the Policy
Development Support Team will continue to manage the public comment process
including the opening and closing of proceedings, posting of summary
reports, and updating the ‘upcoming public comment proceedings’ page.
Public comment is an integral part of the policy development process and an
important component in organizational and governance matters at ICANN as
well as implementation and operational aspects of our work.

> We hope that consolidating all calls for community input proves useful.
We are also exploring ways to further improve the user experience for
everyone participating in the public comment process and will keep you
informed of our progress. If you have questions or comments, please contact
public-comment at icann.org. We look forward to your feedback.

> Best regards,
>
> Akram Atallah and David Olive

> David A. Olive
>
> Senior Vice President | Policy Development Support
>
> General Manager | ICANN Regional Headquarters | Istanbul
>
> david.olive at icann.org
>
> ICANN | Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers  | Hakki
Yeten Caddesi | Selenium Plaza |  No:10/C K:10 | 34349 | Fulya | Besiktas |
Istanbul