[Npoc-discuss] Candidate statement - Raoul Plommer

Raoul Plommer plommer at gmail.com
Sat Apr 29 10:28:06 UTC 2017

Name: Raoul Plommer
Affiliation: NPOC, NCUC, Electronic Frontier Finland, Open Knowledge Finland
Position applied for: Vice Chair
Why you are running for the position?:

I've been to four ICANN meetings since Marrakech and I feel that I can
definitely make the biggest impact with my work in the NPOC ExCom.

- I'm familiar with most digital rights issues and human rights on the
internet, while I've been working for Effi and the Pirate Party. At the
moment in Finland, I'm working on Effi's and the Pirate Party's statement
on the new surveillance law which was just presented to the public two
weeks ago.

- I'm now on my second term in the board of Open Knowledge Finland, which
is part of Open Knowledge International, a network of people dedicated to
open government and corporate data all around the world. Right now, I'm
working on mydata.org  which is currently one of our main projects and I
gave a lightning talk presentation on it with another OKFI-activist at the
RightsCon last month. We might now even get the UN Commissioner on Privacy
to grace us with his presence, at our annual conference!

- I have about nine years of experience in arranging outreach and social
events for the Pirate Party and a little bit less for Effi. I arranged one
for the NCUC in Helsinki also.

Do you have any conflict(s) of interest?: No.
How many Hours a week you are able to dedicate to the position: 5-15

Are you involved in any working Groups or PDP efforts, if so please state:

RDS - I've just started learning about its key issues, but after being
around for a little over a year, I'm sure it's most relevant to my
interests. I also think, it might just be the most relevant PDP for NPOC,
too. Stephanie Perrin has also promised to give me a little guidance along
the way and I'm going to catch up on it before the Johannesburg meeting in
the end of June.

-Raoul