[Npoc-discuss] Candidate statement - Policy Committee Chair

Poncelet Ileleji pileleji at ymca.gm
Mon May 29 10:18:01 UTC 2017

Dear members,

Good Day, I am standing for the coming election for the position of Head of
the Policy Committee Chair, a position I current hold.

*Name: Poncelet Ileleji*

*Affiliation: *The Gambia YMCAs Computer Training Centre & Digital Studio

*Position applied for: Policy Committee Chair*

*Why you are running for the position?:*

I am running for position of Policy Committee Chair for the NPOC because I
would like to build on the work I have done for NPOC in this position over
about one year ago, when I took up this position.  My organization is one
of the original members of NPOC, and I have continuously promoted NPOC
within my role as participant   in the ICANN policy development process and
active within the NCSG Policy committee and also a representative of NPOC
within NCSG EXCOM. I belief we are on the right track within the New NPOC I
strongly feel the work we have started will galvanize our membership to be
more active within ICANN policy development process in the coming months
and years

I have 21 years in experience in Capacity Building through ICT, Project
Management, Partnership Development, and Internet Technologies and also
play a key role in the West African Internet Governance Forum as a resource
person for the Gambia, I also serve as one of the advisers to the Gambia
Government Delegation within ICANN GAC.  Am also a Senior Fellow on Digital
integrity via the Open Technology Fund

My goal is to make sure NPOC member organization current and those joining
will get more  involved in the ICANN policy development process through our
various strategies via outreach in various forms to our members we plan
carrying out for our members to better outstand ICANN  processes and how it
affects Not for profits.

*Do you have any conflict(s) of interest?*: No.

*How many hours a week you are able to dedicate to the position: *

I am able to dedicate about 7 hours per week

*Are you involved in any Working Groups or PDP efforts, if so please state:*

In addition to participating on the NPOC Executive Committee, I also
represent NPOC on the NCSG Executive Committee NCSG PC, GNSO RPM WG,
GNSO-newgtld-WG, GNSO -igo-ingo-crp and a member of the GNSO SSC
representing NCSG.

Counting opn you all for your votes to continue the work we have started.

Kind Regards

Poncelet

--
Poncelet O. Ileleji MBCS