[Npoc-discuss] So much for GDPR : A noticeable Whois data Abuse

caleb olumuyiwa muyiwacaleb at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 20:36:20 UTC 2018

Greetings Everyone,

I observed a bit of some whois data abuse while surfing online this
evening, courtesy of a random facebook post I came across.

Just wondering if ICANN allows a website to extract, make whois data
downloadable and publish on their private/company's website.

These are data that could be obtained from any whois DB. However, compiling
them for profit purposes is scary...

Here is the domain where you can download a sizeable number of WHOIS data
about some websites. *http://domindata.com/ <http://domindata.com/>*

While i will not download and attach the information to the data online via
this email, we can all find the links to whois data which can be
downloaded, extracted in Microsoft Excel format on the links below:

*http://domindata.com/sample/india_8_apr_18.rar
<http://domindata.com/sample/india_8_apr_18.rar>*
*http://domindata.com/sample/india_6_apr_18.rar
<http://domindata.com/sample/india_6_apr_18.rar>*
*http://domindata.com/sample/india_5_apr_18.rar
<http://domindata.com/sample/india_5_apr_18.rar> *

 Wondering what next and possible next steps of shutting this abuse down.

This calls for some data privacy concerns.

--
*Caleb Olumuyiwa  Ogundele  *
*muyiwacaleb at gmail.com <muyiwacaleb at gmail.com>*