[Npoc-discuss] Election Notification 2018

Tapani Tarvainen npoc at tapani.tarvainen.info
Mon Apr 16 15:03:03 UTC 2018

On Apr 16 08:05, Juan Manuel Rojas (juan at npoc.org) wrote:

Thank you (and entire EC) for timely notification.

I'd just like to add a small clarification:

> Step 3: Statement of Interest (SOI)

ICANN's use of the term SOI is somewhat unusual: they use it for
what'd normally be called Disclosure of Interest (or Statement of
Disclosure of Interest).

So what's called for here are two things that both could be
called SOI:

> All nominees are expected to submit a brief statement explaining why
> they believe they are a suitable candidate

that is, what NCSG calls "candidate statement", and

> and also must complete or update their Statement of Interest

that is, make sure your data here (declaration of interests)
is up to date:

https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=14713457

--
Tapani Tarvainen