[Npoc-discuss] Position Statement

Joan Kerr joankerr at fbsc.org
Fri Jun 1 02:19:06 UTC 2018

Hello Everyone,

Dear NPOC members, please find my position statement below. I am asking for
your vote as Chair for NPOC

•*Name*: Joan Kerr

*•Affiliation*: Foundation for Building Sustainable Communities (FBSC)

•*Position applied for*: Chair

•*Why you are running for the position?:* I believe that NPOC is at a
significant point in its history, with much attention and time given to
develop its foundation as an organization. That work is almost completed
and I would ask for your vote to continue with the work.

As the current Chair, I am proud to lead the Executive on a consultative
basis, ensuring that the decisions were reflective of everyone's input and
garnering agreement through consensus. This approach has lead to an NPOC
team, that has collaborated and strategize to accomplish the numerous tasks
that initiated, including: a rebranding initiative to create a new logo
that involved the membership, clearly defining the meaning and issues of
operational concerns, create marketing materials, including a Beginner's
Guide to NPOC, a collaborative project with the Onboarding Program,
updating the Charter, developing on a new website. All this while Executive
members work on the conference calls, working groups, policy development
process and attending ICANN meetings

NPOC has also collaborated with NCUC on a number of events, and will
continue to work together to strengthen the NCSG and joint develop policy
comments.

*At present, NPOC's weakest link is policy development. This will be my
primary focus for the coming year.*

And there is more to be done. As Chair, going forward, I will accomplish
the following:

   -

   increase the policy comments;
   -

   encouraging membership participation in the policy development process;
   and
   -

   educate civil society about ICANN and NPOC

I will continue to develop and work with the Executive Committee, NPOC
members, and ICANN Staff to participate in the policy development process
and ICANN ecosystem.

•*Do you have any conflict(s) of interest?: *No

•*How many hours per week you are able to dedicate to the position: 3* hours

•*Are you involved in any working Groups or PDP efforts, if so please
state:*

The Executive Committee and I agreed that it was important to focus on
getting the administrative work of the Constituency completed, since there
were many unfinished tasks from previous years.

--

Joan Kerr,

Entrepreneur, Artist, Humanitarian

T: +1 (416) 907-0783

Skype: joankerr_fbsc

fbsc.org, www.fbsc.eco

Chair: Victory Garden Leadership Implementation Team

Chair, Sustainable Agriculture, Global Humanitarian Technology Conference

Chair: IEEE Smart Villages Project, Sustainable Agriculture Working Group

Chair: ICANN Not for Profit Operational Concerns Constituency

Lead Organizer, SDG Training Events

Advisor, IEEE Humanitarian Initiatives Committee

Advisor, Climate Smart Agriculture Youth Network, (CSAYN) Global
Coordination Unit